For this classic recipe, we sought to recreate a grilled meat effect using a purely plant-based mixture. For an added challenge, we chose a popular Adana flavored recipe from Turkey which is famous for its grilled meat dishes. For convenience we use a grill pan, but we will also test barbecue cooking. We will share the results! In both cases, the pre cooked kofta patties are brushed with oil. Only the cooking method changes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, prepare the crumble by mixing 40ml water with 35g of plantypro.
- Press the crumble firmly with your hands to form three sausages of equal size. Flatten them slightly, then cook in the microwave at 900W for 1 min. OR Heat 10 min in a covered pan over very low heat.
- Brush the kofta patties with oil and cook them on a grill to your liking.
- Mince the lettuce, tomato and onion and prepare a sauce with mayonnaise, lemon juice and a little crushed garlic.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on a bun and cover with the sauce.
- Add the kofta to the bun and serve.